Are you suffering from hidden mould toxicity?

Do you know that there might be a hidden danger lurking in your home, silently affecting your health? It's called mould - a type of fungus that loves to grow in damp and humid environments. Mould can be found in many places, from your bathroom to your kitchen, from your bedroom to your basement. The worst part is that you might not even know it's there, as it can hide behind walls, under carpets, mattresses or in ventilation systems.

But what makes mould so harmful? Well, it's not just the unsightly appearance and the musty odour. It's the mycotoxins that it produces, which can have devastating effects on our health. Imagine inhaling tiny particles of mould spores every time you breathe, and having them settle in your lungs. Sounds scary, right? The symptoms can be just as scary too, ranging from a general feeling of fatigue and brain fog, to more specific issues such as headaches, joint pain, respiratory problems, and skin rashes.

If you think that's bad enough, here's the kicker - mycotoxins can also cause more serious and long-term health problems. These can range from autoimmune diseases, which can make your own immune system turn against you, to neurological disorders, which can affect your brain function and mental health. In some cases, mycotoxins have even been linked to cancer, making it all the more crucial to address any mould toxicity as soon as possible.


So, what can you do to protect yourself? The first step is to identify any areas in your home that might be at risk for mould growth. Keep an eye out for dampness, water leaks, and condensation, and make sure to address any issues promptly. It's also a good idea to keep your home well-ventilated, and to use a good quality dehumidifier if necessary. And if you do find mould, don't try to tackle it yourself - call in a professional to remove it safely and effectively.

Mould spores can grow in ventilation, potentially causing the entire environment to be toxic. If you are regularly in an environment that has mould present, then you will be breathing mould spores. Mould isn’t necessarily visible, so even if you can’t see the mould, don’t just assume it’s not there. In fact, mould spores can only be seen under a microscope. If you have ever had flooding or leaks in your home, and the home hasn’t undergone mould remediation by a professional, there is almost certainly mould growing.

It's true that mouldy-looking food is a clear indication that it is contaminated with mould. However, the presence of mould doesn't necessarily need to be visible to the naked eye on food either. Mould can grow on a variety of crops, particularly with Ochratoxin. Grains, dried fruits, nuts, spices, coffee beans are classic examples. 


Mycotoxins, the toxic compounds produced by mould, can contaminate food at any stage of the food chain, from the field to the store shelves. For instance, mould can grow on crops during storage, transportation, or processing, and mycotoxins can even form during cooking and processing of food products.

It's alarming to think that many people may be unknowingly consuming mycotoxins every day. In fact, mycotoxins are believed to be one of the most common food contaminants worldwide. These toxic compounds can have a range of negative health effects, from acute symptoms like nausea and vomiting to more chronic conditions like cancer, liver damage, and immune system suppression.

It's important to be mindful of the food we consume and to take precautions to reduce our exposure to mycotoxins. This can include buying fresh, high-quality produce, storing food in a cool, dry place, and avoiding consuming foods that have been visibly contaminated with mould. Most importantly, trust the source!

If you struggle with any of the symptoms mentioned earlier, have a look at the “Mould Exposure & Low Mould Diets” video in our membership platform. You can access all the videos for free during the 7 Day Free Trial. I also recommend having a mould remediation company come and test your home for mould. This service is usually free (probably due to the fact they very often find mould!), so you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

There are also at-home functional lab tests you can use to check your mould markers. The Organic Acid Test looks at your gut health but does have some mould markers to analyse too. However, the Mycotoxin Test can identify mycotoxin exposure as the potential underlying root cause of your symptoms with just one urine sample. This comprehensive test screens for 11 different mycotoxins from 40 species of mould, giving you a clear assessment of any hidden exposure and the potential damage that may have been caused.

Once you know the extent of your exposure, you can take steps to detoxify effectively from mould toxicity and improve your overall health. So why wait? Don't let mycotoxins continue to affect your wellbeing - get tested and take control of your health today!




Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.